Construction Certificate HK

Construction Certificate (CC)

If your application involves construction works, then you will need to lodge a Construction Certificate Application. You are not able to begin any form of construction until you have received Development Consent and a Construction Certificate. A Construction Certificate can be approved and issued by HK Certifiers.

So what is a Construction Certificate? It’s the next process of approval, documentation and reviewing that can be carried out by a private certifier.  This approval provides you permission to commence construction of your project.

Get your quote

Complying Development Certificate (CDC)

Complying Development Certificate (otherwise known as a CDC) can be issued by a private certifier and is assessed against a state government code instead of the local council code. A CDC is an alternative option to the Development Application (DA) and can be known to be a fast track approval process, particularly when dealing with basic development projects.

The Complying Development Certificate (CDC) is a type of approval that does not need a council Development Application (DA) approval or a Construction Certificate (CC). However, the requirements for a CDC are set in stone and are non-negotiable. These requirements mean that certain types of developments are not able to be determined as Complying Development. If your proposed development satisfies the subject requirements, you can apply for a Complying Development Certificate.

HK Get Quote

Based on what has been proposed, a CDC may be issued for:

  • Internal and external alterations to a residential building
  • Granny Flats
  • New dwellings
  • Pools
  • Sheds, Garages, Carports, Decks and Verandahs
  • Building Demolition

Complying Development is a fast-track approval process for straightforward residential development. If the application meets the specific criteria, it then can be determined by HK Certifiers.