Generally, all parcels of land in NSW have been designated with a “zone” under an environmental planning instrument. These are usually prepared by local council or State Government.

Each zone will usually have a number of objectives outlined in the planning instrument, which provide for the relevant outcomes of development that will occur within that zone. Understanding the objectives of the applicable zone is essential for the consent authority (Certifier) assessing a Complying Development Certificate (CDC) or a Construction Certificate.

If you are planning to develop or build on a parcel of land, the property’s zoning determines whether your development is allowable or prohibited on that land.

Construction Certificate

Zoning can fall into the following categories:

  1. Commercial
  2. Industrial
  3. Residential
  4. Mixed-Use
  5. Agricultural
  6. Public-Use

If you are wanting to build house or anything in the property development, you need to understand which zone you are dealing with first, in order to know what can or cannot be approved.

To make things easier, HK Certifiers is well prepared with the knowledge and expertise to discuss any land zoning questions.

Our aim at HK Certifiers is to provide a range of quality services, these services include Construction Certificate, Complying Development Certificate (CDC), Private Certifier, and Occupation Certificate for your proposed development.

If you are planning to carry out building works or renovations in Sydney or the surrounding areas of Penrith, Blacktown, or the Blue Mountains, contact HK Certifiers on 0431 107 295 to speak with our friendly team.

Get a quote!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.